Associate of Arts/Science in General Studies
DSU General Education & Institutional Requirements
All DSU General Education and Institutional requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|Institutional Requirement in Computer Literacy|
|Computer Literacy Course(s)||0-6|
|General Education Core Requirements|
|English GE Courses||3-7|
|Information Literacy GE Course||0-1|
|Mathematics GE course||3-5|
|American Institutions GE course(s)||3-6|
|Life Sciences GE course(s)||3-10|
|Physical Sciences GE course(s)||3-5|
|Laboratory Science GE course||0-1|
|Fine Arts GE course||3|
|Literature/Humanities GE course||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences GE course||3|
|Exploration GE course||3-5|
|Two (2) Global & Cultural Perspectives Courses||0-6|
|Associate of Arts: Foreign Language Requirement||3-8|
|Complete one of the following:|
- Complete 8 credits numbered 1000 or above in a single foreign language, through earned credit (grade C or higher), credit by examination, or vertical credit from the courses listed on the GE Foreign Language Requirement page 1
- Complete a 1020 or higher foreign language course listed below (grade C or higher)
- Receive 8 FLATS exam credits for FLAT 1000
- Receive 8 transfer credits GEFL 1000 (grade C or higher) in a language not currently taught at DSU
|Available only to students who are nonnative English speakers, complete one of the following:|
- Complete 8 credits of ESL courses listed below (grade B or higher)
- Submit one of the following test scores required for undonditional DSU admission: TOEFL (61 iBT, 173 CBT, or 500 PBT); or Michigan (70); or USU-IELE equivalent score. Other tests may be accepted for admission to DSU but will not fulfill this requirement. Official scores must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
Complete the following:
- Courses to bring total number of credits to not less than 60.
- Courses that will lead to further study in baccalaureate programs.
- Complete a minimum of 60 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 20 lower-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.