Associate of Applied Science in General Technology - Healthcare Emphasis
The Associate of Applied Science in General Technology with a Healthcare Empahsis degree has four basic components:
- General Education Requirements
- General Requirements
- Healthcare Emphasis Requirements
- Credit awarded for specialty hours for a certificate of completion document through an approved articulation agreement between DSU and a third party as outlined in R473. Credit will not be awarded until all other program requirements have been met.
General Education & Institutional Requirements
All DSU General Education and Institutional requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Requirement|
|ENGL 1010||Introduction to Writing||3|
|or ENGL 1010D||Introduction to Writing|
|ENGL 2010||Interm Writing Selected Topics:||3|
|LIB 1010||Information Literacy||1|
|or LIB 1000||Information Literacy Exam|
|MATH 1030||Quantitative Reasoning||3-4|
|or MATH 1040||Introduction to Statistics|
|or MATH 1050||College Algebra / Pre-Calculus|
|American Institutions GE course||3|
|Global & Cultural Perspectives GE course||3|
|Healthcare Emphasis Requirements|
|COMM 2110||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|FCS 1500||Human Development Lifespan||3|
|or PSY 1100||Human Development Through Lifespan|
|HLOC 1010||Intro to Health Professions||2|
|HLOC 2990||Seminar in Health Occupations||3|
|NFS 1020||Sci Foundations of Nutrition||3|
|PSY 1010||General Psychology||3|
|or PSY 2480||Substance Abuse: Prevention|
|or PSY 2800||Human Sexuality in a Diverse Society|
|Complete the following:||30|
|Credit awarded for specialty hours for a certificate of completion document through an approved articulation agreement between DSU and a third party as outlined in R473. Credit will not be awarded until all other program requirements have been met.|
- Complete a minimum of 63 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 20 lower-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.