Bachelor of Individualized Studies
DSU General Education Requirements
All DSU General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Bachelor of Arts: Foreign Language Requirement||3-16|
|Complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits in a single foreign language, through earned credit (grade C or higher), credit by examination, or vertical credit from the courses listed on the GE Foreign Language Requirement page 1
- Complete a 2020 or higher foreign language course (grade C or higher)
- Complete a 3060 foreign language course listed below (grade C or higher)
- Receive 16 transfer credits for GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (8) in a single foreign language (grade C or higher)
|Complete a 1010 course listed below in a second foreign language (grade C or higher) AND one of the following:|
|1. In a language not taught at DSU, receive 12 FLATS exam credits for FLAT 1000 (8) and FLAT 2000 (4)|
|2. In a language not taught at DSU, receive 12 transfer credits articulated as GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (4) (all grade C or higher)|
|Available only to students who are nonnative English speakers, complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits of ESL courses listed below (grade B or higher)
- Submit one of the following test scores required for unconditional DSU admission: TOEFL (61 iBT, 173 CBT, or 500 PBT); or Michigan (70); or USU-IELE equivalent score. Other tests may be accepted for admission to DSU but will not fulfill this requirement. Official scores must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
Individualized Studies Requirements
|INDS 3800||Individualized Studies Seminar||3|
|INDS 3805||Individualized Studies Lab||1|
|INDS 4700||Individualized Studies Portfolio||3|
|Statistical Competency (Complete One (1) Course)||3|
|Introduction to Statistics (MA)|
|Written Competency (Complete One (1) Course)|
|Writing in Psychology: APA Style|
|Advanced College Writing|
|Grant and Proposal Writing|
|Writing in the Professions|
|Thematic Concentration (Complete 35 to 36 credits)|
|Concentration Courses (lower-division, 1000-2999)||14-21|
|Concentration Courses (upper-division, 3000+)||15-21|
|College-Level Coursework (1000+)||36-40|
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Grade C or higher in each Individualized Studies requirement.
Please contact the Individualized Studies Program Coordinator for details about the major.