RN - BSN Program Admission Requirements
- Completion of an AAS, AS, or equivalent degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license or recent AD graduate may take first semester classes but must pass NCLEX before continuing with the program
DSU General Education Requirements
All DSU General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|Code ||Title ||Hours |
*NOTE: Students who have completed BIOL 2320, BIOL 2325, BIOL 2420, and BIOL 2425 can fulfill GE Life Science and GE Laboratory Science by taking BIOL 1300 Evolution & Ecology (1 hour)
Course Prerequisite Requirements
|MATH 1040||Introduction to Statistics (MA)||3|
RN-BSN Program Requirements
RN - BSN Program Elective Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Grade C or higher in each Discipline Core Requirement course.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Requirements for admission to the RN to BSN program: Include graduation from an accredited associate degree registered nurse program, current registered nurse license and completion of all nursing courses with a minimum of “C” grade and cumulative GPA of 3.0 in those courses, and personal references. Graduates of DSU ADN program may take the first semester courses, but licensure must be obtained before beginning the second semester and continuing the program. Refer to www.dixie.edu/health/nursing/ for additional admission requirements and application information.
A previously earned degree may complete some or all of DSU’s General Education requirements. DSU’s General Education requirements must be fulfilled prior to BSN degree completion.