Associate of Applied Science in General Technology - Business Emphasis
The Associate of Applied Science in General Technology with a Business Empahsis degree has four basic components:
- General Education & Institutional Requirements
- General Requirements
- Business Emphasis Requirements
- Credit awarded for specialty hours for a certificate of completion document through an approved articulation agreement between DSU and a third party as outlined in R473. Credit will not be awarded until all other program requirements have been met.
General Education & Institutional Requirements
All DSU General Education and Institutional requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|Institutional Requirement in Computer Literacy|
|CIS 1200||Computer Literacy||3-6|
|or CIS 1201||Computer Literacy Exam|
|or CS 1400|
& CS 1410
| Fundamentals of Programming|
and Object Oriented Programming
|General Education Requirement|
|ECON 1010||Economics of Social Issues||3|
|ENGL 1010||Introduction to Writing||3|
|or ENGL 1010D||Introduction to Writing|
|LIB 1010||Information Literacy||1|
|or LIB 1000||Information Literacy Exam|
|Global & Cultural Perspectives||3|
|Complete one of the following:|
|MATH 1030||Quantitative Reasoning||3|
|MATH 1040||Introduction to Statistics||3|
|MATH 1050||College Algebra / Pre-Calculus||4|
|STAT 2040||Business Statistics||3|
|Business Emphasis Requirements|
|ACCT 1010||Applied Business Accounting||2|
|BUS 1370||Human Relations||3|
|COMM 2110||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|FIN 1750||Personal Finance: Financial Citizenship in Social and Economic Systems||3|
|MKTG 2550||Marketing Essentials||3|
|Complete the following:||30|
|30 technical specialty credits|
- Transfer coursework for a certificate of completion will be evaluated, and credit awarded after all other program requirements have been met. Credit is awarded in accordance with approved articulation agreements as outlined in R473.
- Complete a minimum of 63 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 20 lower-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.