DATA ANALYTICS CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
19 - 22 credits
|CS 1400||Fundamentals of Programming||3|
|ISA 2010||Business Computer Proficiency||0-3|
|or ISA 2011||Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Excel Expert Certification|
|STAT 2040||Business Statistics||3|
|or MATH 1040||Introduction to Statistics (MA)|
|MATH 2050||Applied Statistics with Programming||3|
|ISA 3020||Structured Query Language for Business Users||1|
|ISA 4060||Big Data Analytics||3|
|or IT 4060||Big Data Analytics|
|ISA 4070||Data Visualization and Storytelling||3|
|MATH 4800||Industrial Careers in Mathematics||3|
- Grade C- or higher in each Discipline Core Requirement course.
- GPA 2.5 or higher Discipline Core Requirement courses.
Data Analytics Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Compose solutions to computational problems using fundamental programming abstractions.
- Apply data and statistical best practices to collect, cleanse, transform, and store data for subsequent analysis.
- Evaluate and use appropriate statistical concepts to respond to a variety of problems/issues from various disciplines.
- Create graphically encoded data in useful formats from previously analyzed data and demonstrate the accurate communication of the findings for data problems to decision makers with diverse skill levels.
- Develop, test, and implement a mathematical model of their own devising by working in teams to solve interdisciplinary problems, and write a professional report describing their model and results that meets the practical constraints of a client.