General Education & Institutional Requirements
All DSU General Education and Institutional requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Requirement|
|ECON 1010||Economics of Social Issues (SS, GC)||3|
|ENGL 1010||Introduction to Writing (EN)||3|
|or ENGL 1010D||Introduction to Writing (EN)|
|Complete one of the following:|
|MATH 1030||Quantitative Reasoning (MA)||3|
|MATH 1050||College Algebra / Pre-Calculus (MA)||4|
|STAT 2040||Business Statistics||3|
|Business Emphasis Requirements|
|ACCT 1010||Applied Business Accounting||2|
|BUS 1370||Human Relations||3|
|COMM 2110||Interpersonal Communication (SS, GC)||3|
|FIN 1750||Personal Finance: Financial Citizenship in Social and Economic Systems (SS, GC)||3|
|Complete the following:||30|
|30 technical specialty credits|
- Transfer coursework for a certificate of completion will be evaluated, and credit awarded after all other program requirements have been met. Credit is awarded in accordance with approved articulation agreements as outlined in R473.
- Complete a minimum of 63 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 20 lower-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
General Technology Business Emphasis Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical specialty competencies by completing an articulated 900 hour ATC program
- Demonstrate fundamental quantitative literacy, writing and communication skills
- Explain fundamental human relations skills important to the successful functioning of a business.
- Apply concepts of basic finance, entrepreneurship and marketing.