Health Communication Certificate
|COMM 3180||Provider and Patient Relations||3|
|COMM 3200||Community Health Communication||3|
|COMM 3230||Health Communication||3|
|COMM 3400||Gender Communication||3|
- Complete 12 credit hours of required courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Health Communication Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Illustrate how communication concepts and theories are used to understand communication behaviors in a variety of public health and/or healthcare contexts, including small groups, organizations, interpersonal and professional relationships, and public discourse.
- Synthesize and apply communication theory and skills to solve public health and/or healthcare related communication problems, manage personal and professional relationships, and overcome communication barriers.
- Integrate critical reasoning into the formulation and delivery of effective and ethical personal, social, professional, and public oral and written messages for a variety public health and/or healthcare contexts.