DSU General Education Requirements
All DSU General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to DSU’s minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements||18|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Bachelor of Arts: Foreign Language Requirement||3-16|
|Complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits in a single foreign language, through earned credit (grade C or higher), credit by examination, or vertical credit from the courses listed on the GE Foreign Language Requirement page 1
- Complete a 2020 or higher foreign language course (grade C or higher)
- Complete a 3060 foreign language course listed below (grade C or higher)
- Receive 16 transfer credits for GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (8) in a single foreign language (grade C or higher)
|Complete a 1010 course listed below in a second foreign language (grade C or higher) AND one of the following:|
|1. In a language not taught at DSU, receive 12 FLATS exam credits for FLAT 1000 (8) and FLAT 2000 (4)|
|2. In a language not taught at DSU, receive 12 transfer credits articulated as GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (4) (all grade C or higher)|
|Available only to students who are nonnative English speakers, complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits of ESL courses listed below (grade B or higher)
- Submit one of the following test scores required for unconditional DSU admission: TOEFL (61 iBT, 173 CBT, or 500 PBT); or Michigan (70); or USU-IELE equivalent score. Other tests may be accepted for admission to DSU but will not fulfill this requirement. Official scores must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
|Core Integrated Studies Requirements||12|
|INTS 3100||Interdisciplinary Studies||3|
|INTS 3900||Interdisciplinary Topics||3|
|or INTS 3801R||Travel Study: Japan in Interdisciplinary Perspective I|
|INTS 4950R||Integrated Studies Senior Thesis (Research)||3|
|INTS 4950R||Integrated Studies Senior Thesis (Project)||3|
|or INTS 3900||Interdisciplinary Topics|
|Emphasis Area Requirements (see specific Emphasis Area Requirements)|
|Complete two Emphasis Areas:|
|Emphasis 1 (Minimum 21 credits)|
|Emphasis 2 (Minimum 21 credits)|
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at DSU for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Grade C or higher in each Core Integrated Studies and Emphasis Area course.
Integrated Studies Emphases
- ASL Interpreter
- Communication Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Design
- Digital Film Production
- Earth Science
- Global Studies
- Information Technology
- Management & Operations
- Mathematical Sciences
- Media Studies
- Recreation Management
- Software Development
- Web Design & Development
Please contact the Integrated Studies advisor for details about the major.