Applied Statistics Level II Certificate Requirements
|MATH 3050||Stochastic Modeling and Applications (Prerequisite: MATH 1040 or higher and MATH 2050)||3|
|MATH 3400||Probability & Statistics (Prerequisites: MATH 1210 and MATH 1220)||3|
|MATH 3450||Statistical Inference||3|
|MATH 4800||Industrial Careers in Mathematics||3|
- Complete 12 hours of specified coursework.
- Complete all coursework with a C or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Applied Statistics Level II Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Achieve proficiency in the design of data collection, analysis, and interpretation of results derived from statistical procedures
2. Understand and appropriately apply a wide range of deterministic and stochastic statistical methods
3. Demonstrate a broad knowledge in a wide range of statistical applications in high demand by employers, such as government agencies, universities, consulting firms and research industries in today’s competitive world.
4. Communicate results obtained using computer software and programming methods.