Cryptography Level II Certificate Requirements
|MATH 2270||Linear Algebra (Prerequisite: MATH 1010 and MATH 1050 and MATH 1060 or MATH 1080 and MATH 1210)||3|
|MATH 3900||Number Theory (Prerequisites: MATH 1210 and MATH 2200)||3|
|MATH 3905||Cryptography and Codes (Prerequisites: CS 1400; and MATH 2200 or CS 3310)||3|
|MATH 4005||Quantum Computing and Cryptography||3|
- Complete 12 hours of specified coursework.
- Complete all coursework with a C or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Cryptography II Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Explain the differences, challenges, and roles of private-key versus public-key cryptography.
2. Employ advanced mathematics in applications of cryptography and error-correcting codes.
3. Assess modern cryptosystems and learn to expose their weaknesses with the goal of improved information security.
4. Simulate classical, modern, and post-quantum cryptosystems and codes.
5. Understand and apply the current and emerging methods of attack on cryptosystems.