Modeling and Simulation Certificate Requirements
|CS 1400||Fundamentals of Programming||3|
|MATH 1210||Calculus I (MA) (Prerequisites: MATH 1010 and MATH 1050 and MATH 1060 or MATH 1080 or equivalent placement score)||4|
|MATH 2050||Applied Statistics with Programming (Prerequisites: MATH 1040 or MATH 1050 or STAT 2040) or equivalent placement score)||3|
|MATH 2285||Adventures in Modeling||1|
|MATH 2600||Introduction to Modeling and Simulation||3|
|MATH 3050||Stochastic Modeling and Applications||3|
|MATH 4800||Industrial Careers in Mathematics||3|
- Complete 20 credit hours of required courses. Prerequisite courses are stacked within other degree plans.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Modeling & Simulation Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Facilitate higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, develop collaboration abilities and refine general employability and occupation-specify skills.
- Formulate an open-ended problem by considering the detail of the problem and define manageable questions to address that will lead to some conclusions or scientific results.
- Construct the problem into mathematical model using multiple mathematical and statistical representations of relevant structures and relationships.
- Compute and evaluate the solution to interpret the mathematical solution in the original context and communicate the results in an interdisciplinary setting.