Music Technology Certificate Requirements
General Music Courses
|MUSC 1110||Music Theory I (Prerequisite: MUSC 1100 or grade C or higher on Music Department theory test) 1||3|
|or MUSC 1120||Music Theory II|
|or MUSC 2110||Music Theory III|
|or MUSC 2120||Music Theory IV|
|MUSC 1130||Ear Training & Sight Singing I||1|
|or MUSC 1140||Ear Training/Sight Singing II|
|or MUSC 2130||Ear Training/Sight Singing III|
|or MUSC 2140||Ear Training/Sight Singing IV|
|Private Lessons (choose from the following):||2|
|Select one (1) from the following courses:||3|
|Popular Music in America (FA)|
|Survey of Jazz History (FA)|
Students may request to take the Music Theory test from the Music Department Chair or the test is offered on the first day of MUSC 1100. Students passing with a grade of C or higher may test out of the MUSC 1100 requirement.
Music Technology Courses
|MUSC 3390R||Electro-Acoustic Ensemble (2 semesters)||2|
|MUSC 2180||Introduction to Music Technology||3|
|MUSC 3180||Recording Studio Techniques||3|
|MUSC 4892R||Independent Study (Student will work with the instructor to select and complete a Music Technology project.)||2|
- Complete all coursework with grade C or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Produce audio for live performance, streaming media, and fixed media distribution.
- Create and manipulate real-time and sequenced digital music data; i.e., Musical Instrument Digital Interface and Open Sound Control.
- Create and perform electro-acoustic music with technical facility and expressive musicianship.