Contact email@example.com the Scholarship Office for more scholarship information.
Dixie State University is fortunate to have a number of scholarship programs available to students. Academic Freshman and Transfer Scholarships do not require an application. All other scholarships do require a separate application. DSU and affiliate scholarships and waivers cannot be combined to exceed the cost of tuition (with the exception of the Resident Presidential which also covers student fees). To be considered for scholarships a student must be fully admitted by March 1st.
Some of the DSU scholarships currently available include academic, student leadership, sterling scholars, alumni leadership, talent-based scholarships (athletic, fine arts), departmental, diversity/multicultural, community /local, and program-based.
To continue receiving a DSU scholarship after the first academic year, a student must enroll in and pass a minimum number of credits and maintain a minimum college GPA. Academic Resident Freshmen Scholarships: Presidential and Chancellor - 3.5 GPA and 15 credits per semester. Trustees, Deans and Merit - 3.2 GPA and 15 credits per semester. Students who fail to meet their academic scholarship requirements will lose their scholarship. Once an academic scholarship is lost you cannot earn it back. DSU policy requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 and full time enrollment (12 credit hours per semester) for other DSU scholarships. Departments may requires higher standards as outlined in individual award notifications. Information about specific scholarships.
Resident Scholarship Program
To be eligible for any resident based scholarships all applicants must be legal resident of the State of Utah, U.S. Citizens (or eligible non-citizens).
- Freshman Scholarship Deadline is March 1st: To be considered for a scholarship, the student applicant must complete the full DSU admission process. Once admitted, students will automatically be considered for scholarships. Application, admission fee, high school transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores must be received by March 1st for scholarship consideration.
- Basis for Awards: Dixie State University awards freshman academic scholarships to students directly out of high school, and based on high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores. Students must submit ACT or SAT scores prior to the March 1st deadline to be considered for a scholarship. Students who do not attend DSU directly out of high school are not eligible for freshman consideration at a later date.
- Acceptable Test Scores: Placement tests other than the ACT or SAT are not accepted. Students are encouraged to take the ACT through their high school or on one of six national testing days. The DSU Testing Center offers the ACT Residual Test. For information, dates, cost, and exclusions, go to testing.dixie.edu, or check the Testing Center section of this catalog.
- Transfer Students Deadline is July 1st. To be considered for a Transfer Scholarship, the student must be admitted to a 1st Bachelors' degree program. They must transfer a minimum of 24 post-high school credits (but cannot exceed 150 post-high school credits) to be eligible, and meet the GPA requirement at the time of the scholarship deadline. If they transfer in a Bachelors' degree after awarding, the scholarship will be removed.
- Current Students Deadline is May 1st. To be considered for a Current Student Scholarship the student must have completed 30 credit hours total with a minimum of 15 credit hours completed at DSU, and be admitted into a eligible 1st Bachelors'. Funding is limited. Award levels are determined on a scale.
- Scholarship information: eligibility and deadlines.
Non-Resident Waiver/Scholarship Programs
To be eligible for any non-resident based waiver/scholarship all applicants must be U.S. Citizens (or eligible non-citizens as determined by a FAFSA application or certification documents).
In order to be considered for a non-resident Academic Scholarship, applicant must be fully admitted to DSU, must meet academic requirements and my not have previously earned a baccalaureate or higher degree. Non Resident Academic Scholarships (Presidential, University, and Full Merit) do not require an application. Awards are made automatically upon admission to DSU. Scholarship Deadline is March 1st.
In addition to our Scholarships, DSU offers a number of waiver programs to help reduce the cost of non-resident tuition for eligible non-resident students who did not meet the requirements to receive a top academic scholarship. Waivers include: WUE, Dixie Waiver, Good Neighbor Waiver, and Alumni Legacy Waiver. Each of these waiver requires an separate application. Awards are based on GPA and ACT/SAT. The Priority Deadline is May 1st. The final deadline is July 15th. Each waiver requires a minimum GPA and ACT/SAT for consideration. Details and requirements.
Scholarship Deferment and Reinstatement
- Deferred Admission / Leave of Absence: Students requesting a scholarship deferment must submit a form for either an Admission Deferment or Leave of Absence.
- Academic Scholarship Deferment: Academic Scholarships may be deferred up to seven (7) semesters (including summers) with submission of form as noted above. Students must be in academic good standing at the time of the deferment request by meeting the requirements for GPA and credit hours as set forth in the award letter. Acceptable reasons for scholarship deferments include:
- Serving a humanitarian or religious mission
- Medical problems
- Financial or employment-related issues
- Military service
- Personal (Family responsibilities)
- Transfer: A student may not request a scholarship deferment to attend another post-secondary institution, including any university, college, or technical/vocational school. Students who leave Dixie State University to attend another institution forfeit their scholarships.
- Non-Academic Scholarship Deferment: Talent and Performing Arts Scholarships, Athletic Scholarships, and Endowment Scholarships are not deferrable and will require a new application upon a student’s return to Dixie State University.
- Scholarship Reinstatement: Upon return to Dixie State University, students must contact the Scholarship office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must provide full name, student ID number and the semester s/he plans to return. Scholarships will be reinstated based on the timeline of the request and academic grades.