|Location||North Plaza Building|
The Testing Center at DSU is comprised of three (3) separate testing operations: a Student Testing Center, a Prometric Center, and a Professional Testing Center. The Student Testing Center is for DSU students who need to take an exam for one of their classes. The Prometric Center is a partnership between Prometric and DSU where many different certification exams can be taken. The Professional Testing Center can be used by both students and professionals for various paid tests: placement exams, credit-by-examination tests, and proctored exams for other colleges and universities.
DSU Testing Services offers exams from professional vendors and organizations; the most popular tests are listed below. Additional tests and information may be found at testing.dixie.edu.
|Accuplacer Placement tests||CLEP|
|ACT Residual Testing||GED|
|BYU (FLATS language exams and off-site academic exams)||Kaplan|
DSU Testing Services rents space to national testing companies for the administration of the following standardized tests:
- ACT national exams
- SAT national exams
- Praxis (paper-based)
Rules and Regulations
- All coursework exams in the Student Testing Center are free.
- To take a DSU coursework exam, the student will need to know the teacher’s name and class subject.
- Students must have a valid photo ID and student number. (Student number not needed to take a placement test at the Professional Center).
- If a Scantron is needed for a test, the student will need to provide one. Scantrons can be purchased at the DSU Bookstore, and in the vending machine at the Testing Center (Vending machine sells out often).
- Testing Services uses a cashless payment system. If a student is taking a test with a fee involved, payment can be made from the payment portal linked on the Testing Center homepage at: "testing.dixie.edu". Payment can be made with a debit/credit card or with an e-check (Both the account number and routing number must be known to use an e-check). Payments can be made using any electronic device with an internet connection, including the student’s phone. For convenience, there are also payment kiosks available for use at the Testing Center.
- When a student is checked in at the Student Testing Center, they will need to put all belongings in a red or white bag located on the table by the entrance. They will take this bag with them and place it under their desk. If they have a cell phone, it must be turned OFF and put into a small zipper bag located at the front desk.
- Each student will be given a seat or computer number designating where they should sit.
- Testing Center staff will check a student’s photo ID twice each time they test: first when they check in, and then again when they either have a password entered or turn in their paper test.
- The Student Testing Center is generally open seven days a week until 10pm for DSU coursework testing during Fall and Spring semesters, and five days a week during summer semester. The Professional Testing Center (including placement exams) is generally open Monday – Friday from 9am-4pm, and late on Thursday until 9pm. Hours may be changed due to summer, holidays, and school vacations. Visit “testing.dixie.edu” to see up-to-date hours and days closed.
- Check our website for open days and testing information.