Mediation Certificate Requirements
|COMM 1270||Critical Thinking and Communicating (SS)||3|
|COMM 3330||Negotiations and Bargaining||3|
|COMM 3340||Survey of Dispute Resolution||3|
|COMM 3360||Mediation and Negotiation||3|
|COMM 4860||Mediation Practicum||1|
- Grade C- or higher in each Discipline Core Requirement.
- GPA 2.5 or higher Discipline Core Requirement.
Mediation Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate critical reasoning into the formulation and delivery of effective and ethical personal, social, professional and public oral and written messages for a variety of audience compositions in numerous mediation contexts.
- Analyze and critique messages in a mediation setting to determine message effectiveness ethics appropriateness and strategies utilized by the message designer.
- Apply effective and appropriate written oral communication skills when exposed to intercultural settings and cross-cultural environments to achieve a cultural sensitivity to diversity as well as to navigate and overcome potential communication differences in a mediation environment.