Mediation Certificate Requirements
|COMM 1270||Critical Thinking and Communicating (SS)||3|
|COMM 3330||Negotiations and Bargaining||3|
|COMM 3340||Survey of Dispute Resolution||3|
|COMM 3360||Mediation and Negotiation||3|
|COMM 4860||Mediation Practicum||1|
- Grade C- or higher in each Discipline Core Requirement.
- GPA 2.5 or higher Discipline Core Requirement.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION (PLC) REQUIREMENTS
The curriculum for programs at Dixie State University customarily leading to licensure have been designed to meet the educational licensure/certification requirements in Utah as well as to prepare students to apply for licensure exams in the State of Utah. The licensure boards in each state are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure/certification for their state. Requirement may vary state to state and may change at any time. Students who intend to use their DSU degree to secure licensure in any state other than Utah will need to review the professional licensure disclosures in that state pertaining to their program and consult with the state professional licensing board. For more information, visit the State Authorization and Professional Licensure web page and select your program, or speak to the director of your program.
Mediation Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate critical reasoning into the formulation and delivery of effective and ethical personal, social, professional and public oral and written messages for a variety of audience compositions in numerous mediation contexts.
- Analyze and critique messages in a mediation setting to determine message effectiveness ethics appropriateness and strategies utilized by the message designer.
- Apply effective and appropriate written oral communication skills when exposed to intercultural settings and cross-cultural environments to achieve a cultural sensitivity to diversity as well as to navigate and overcome potential communication differences in a mediation environment.