We will provide for a safe and healthy environment for the University community in which to learn, work, and recreate. We will accomplish our mission through the following main objectives:
- Identify, evaluate, recover, and reduce or eliminate risks to the University and its stakeholders.
- Provide creative community education, emergency management, and aggressive training.
- Fire and Life Safety prevention thru permit review, inspections, and code compliance.
- Risk Management - assists the University with identifying, evaluating, and reducing or eliminating risks. When damage or loss occurs the goal is to protect the University and obtain insurance recovery in a timely manner.
- Fire Marshal - is the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) on fire and life safety code interpretation and compliance for the University. Duties include conducting fire and life safety inspections of alarm and suppression systems, review of special permits and projects including new construction and renovations of buildings, addressing fire and life safety concerns, public education, and training.
- Safety Officer- assists the university with occupational health and safety matters in the work and learning environment.
- Emergency Management - emergencies and disasters can happen to anyone, anywhere, and at any time. It is critical that students, faculty, and staff be well prepared and trained in the case of these events. The University encourages everyone to listen and adhere to the Dixie Alert messages, know emergency procedures, follow the direction of employees and emergency personnel, and be self-preserving with water, food, and emergency supplies for at least 3 days.